Provide a nurturing environment that incorporates the Shuswap culture and language where the children can reach their full potential in all essential areas such as physical, emotional, social and intellectual.
Sahhaltkum Daycare is a provincially licensed child care facility providing services to Adams Lake Band residents, Village of Chase residents, and surrounding First Nation community members. At the Sahhaltkum Daycare all children are welcome.
Guiding Principles and Philosophy
- We believe that involving elders and modern theories provides valuable teachings in the area of child development and growth.
- We encourage children to feel good about themselves and others. It is our belief that each child is a unique and special individual and accepted unconditionally.
- Important objectives of the daycare are to provide a warm, predictable learning environment where children can feel relaxed and secure. The children are the center of the program which is flexible and changes with their interests and developments.
- The Staff will guide the children in a consistent and positive manner, modeling healthy guidelines for children. The Staff shall be sensitive to each individual child.
- Infant Toddler Program: for children ages 3 months to 36 months.
- Group Childcare Program: for children 3 to 5 years old.
- Out of School Care Program: for children ages 6 to 12 years old.
- Hot Lunch Program available
- After Daycare Service available from 5:00 to 5:30 pm.
Please View and Download the PDF’S Below
Sahhaltkum Daycare Daily Routine
|7:45-9:30||Greet children and Parents, Free play|
|9:15-9:30||Clean-up/Wash up and Diapering|
|10:00-10:30/11:00||Group Time Art, Science/Cooking Activities|
|10:30/11:00-11:30||Outside Activities/Free Play|
|11:30||Clean up/Wash up and Diapering|
|11:30-12:00||Lunch (Hot lunch program or children bring their own)|
|12:00-2:30||Nap Time Quiet Activities|
|2:15-2:30||Clean up/Wash up and Diapering|
|2:30- 3:00||PM Snack|
|3:00-4:30||Free play Inside or Outside|
|5:00-5:30||After Daycare Service|