The Human Resources Department provides quality service that enables Adams Lake Indian Band to achieve its goals through its most valuable resource “Employees!”
Human Resources is responsible for:
- Employee Relations
- Recruitment and Selection
- Total Rewards
- Training and Development
- Health and Safety
Tyegyegténs r Adams Lake Band
Our Values Commitment
le7s r s7elkstwecw kt
We help and care for each other to succeed.
As Adams Lake Indian Band employees we value the services we provide to all and therefore we are committed to each other and the organization in how we carry out our roles and responsibilities. An overarching value is that of honoring and respecting Secwepemc Culture in all that we do.
We are committed to performance with integrity. Doing what is right for our stakeholders must be at the heart of every decision we make. In doing so, we demonstrate integrity in action, at every level, every day.
Living up to the standards that are rightly expected of us means we must in all interactions:
- Act legally and fairly, within the spirit of all laws, regulation’s and policies
- Encourage employees to speak up if something doesn’t feel right or doesn’t align with our values
- Make realistic commitments and keep our promises
- Look for principles, not ways to circumvent a rule, policy or law
- Encourage employees to seek guidance when in any doubt
We are committed to excellence in Service to all stakeholders and we accomplish this by:
- Applying active listening and enquiry skills to ensure our stakeholder’s needs are clearly identified and responded in a timely manner.
- Addressing service issues/challenges in a timely manner and follow up to confirm that service needs were met.
- Focusing on situations, not people when we address issues and present solution options.
As the Adams Lake Indian Band grows so does our organizational culture – and transparency is integral to this. For us, transparency means being honest about what we do, how we do it and the challenges we face. We are open to challenge, to discussion and to improving how we work to reflect our values.
We seek to put this into action by:
- Ensuring what we say or write is fair and honest, and not misleading or incomplete
- Providing timely, relevant, and accurate information
- Demonstrating conviction and take ownership
- Escalating important information promptly
- By engaging our stakeholders to facilitate discussion.
We sustain a spirit of continuous learning by investing in and rewarding curiosity, creativity, and innovation which will be achieved by:
- Offering venues for information sharing, analysis, education, and training that foster professional and local government growth.
- Developing individual, departmental, and organizational goals that strive toward excellence and that are coordinated, reassessed regularly, and rewarded when achieved.
- By honoring respecting and encouraging enthusiasm and experimentation and we learn from our successes as well as our failures.
We support and inspire our colleagues to help them be the best they can be and to achieve great things. Central to this is our day-to-day working culture, which is based on the following foundations:
- We ensure our workplace is safe and free of harassment and bullying
- We actively seek, value and draw on the differing knowledge, perspectives, experience and styles present in our community of employees
- We create an atmosphere of trust, in which concerns can be fully raised
We achieve our goals by working together which is achieved by:
- Collaborating, respecting, communication and being accountable to each other while recognizing that everyone has their own unique role that must be respected and appreciated.
- Encouraging, appreciating and finding the best in each other.
- Creating a supportive, challenging, respectful, fun environment where people want to be.
- Producing work that your whole team is proud off.
Human Resources is committed to making Adams Lake Indian Band a great place to work and grow professionally for all employees.
Visit Employment page to view our most recent job postings.
Adams Lake Indian Band policies: