Chief Atahm School Vision
“We have a vision of a Secwepemc speaking community living in balance with nature”
Chief Atahm School is grounded on the belief that knowledge of the language, traditional practices and beliefs of the Secwepemc will establish and maintain a healthy and balanced living environment. Individuals will be prepared for today’s world and help to protect the earth for tellqelmucw, the people to come and for all living beings.
- Design a Professional Growth Plan that meets the needs of school staff.
- Develop a school-wide approach for Secwepemctsin that includes culture, language and connection to the land
- To improve the literacy achievement of students in reading and writing
- Tuesday, September 6, 2016 – First Day of School (half-day for K- Gr.9)
- Monday September 12th, 2016 – School starts for Nursery students
- Friday September 23rd, 2016 – Pro-d Day (no school for students)
- Tuesday September 27th, 2016 – School Picture Day
- Monday September 26th, 2016 – Tekwemiple7 meeting (school expansion)
View School Calendar: Chief Atahm School Calendar